Academy Tennis & Language Programme
Saint Kentigern College has first class facilities for tennis coaching and play.
Coaching occurs in small, well matched groups allowing maximum individual focus.
The programme includes
- 16 hours of tennis per week including coaching, match play and sports science
- Individual and group coaching by professionally qualified instructors
- Physical training programmes
- Opportunity to represent the College in Auckland secondary school competition
- Opportunity to represent a club in the Auckland region
- Access to all academic and sporting facilities at Saint Kentigern College.
- Highly qualified, coaching staff
Tennis Coach: Peter Langsford
- 1999 Current Director Saint Kentigern College Elite Sports Programme
- 1991 - 1999 New Zealand Tennis Inc National Junior Coach
- 1994 - 1999 New Zealand Tennis Federation Club Captain
- 1992 - 1999 New Zealand Tennis Junior Advisory Council
Individual Coaching Achievements
- Coached Steve Downs finalist Australian + USA Junior Championships 1993
- Coached Steve Downs and James Greenhalgh winner Wimbledon and French Junior Championships 1993
- Coached Steve Downs Number 1 ranked Junior doubles player in world 1993
- Coached Steve Downs Number 4 ranked Junior singles player in world 1993 Captain/coach of NZ boys World Youth Cup team finished 2nd in World Championship 1993
- Captain/coach of NZ girls NTT finished 8th in World Championship 1995 Captain/coach of NZ girls World Youth Cup team finished 14th in World Championship 1996
- Coached Leanne Baker and Rewa Hudson ranked No 1 doubles team in world in July 1998
- Coach of 8 Australian Junior Champions in all ages from 1993 - 1999